Most of us have had the experience of looking at a painting in a museum or gallery and not appreciating the artwork fully. However, there are ways to help you improve your understanding of the works on display. One is to look for paintings that contain specific visual elements. For example, if you can identify an artist’s signature style (such as Monet’s touch with water lilies), it is easier to learn about other painters’ paintings.
However, if you are new to the world of watercolors, you might be overwhelmed by all the available products on the market. To help you get started, we have picked out some of the best watercolors for beginners.
8 Best Watercolors for Beginners to Professionals
1. MeiLiang – Best watercolor paints for beginners
- It’s easy to handle.
- It’s safe to use.
- It’s fun and beautiful.
- Choose from 36 vivid colors in the set.
- Watercolor paints are made with the finest pigments for intense color.
- The paint is strong enough to cover any surface but gentle enough not to harm the paint or paper.
Painting is a great way to express yourself. So if you’re looking for a fun activity to do with the family, you should seriously consider watercolor painting. It’s easy to find different resources online that can help you paint, but it’s also important to find the right type of paint. A watercolor paint set will help you achieve the most outstanding results with your art without worrying about difficulties.
So, whether you’re looking for a watercolor paint set for your kids or just trying to learn how to paint, the ease of use of the MeiLiang paints is great for anyone. The colors are pigmented, so there’s no fuss in painting something for your artwork, no matter how small. And the packaging is secure, so you’ll never have to worry about it coming open in your bag or other things you put in there.
Get yourself the best watercolor paints today! You will get 36 vivid colors. Professional artists design them to achieve perfect color rendering. The lids for all paint sets are made of special plastic to help protect the paint from getting dry.
2. Mozart – Best watercolor set for beginners
- Portable and lightweight.
- It’s easy to store and take anywhere you want.
- No mess, no hassle.
- The colors are vibrant and beautiful too.
- Rediscover the art of watercolor painting.
- Get inspired and create your masterpiece.
- Choose from 24 vibrant colors to choose from.
- Paint like a professional with this premium quality set.
The art of painting is something so delicate and fragile; unless you’re an expert, you would never know. But if you’re using the best paintbrush with the best watercolor to take care of your art, it would be worth it! Your paintings will become sweeter than ever before! The Mozart Paint set features 24 vibrant colors that suit everyone’s needs. Bring your creativity back!
However, the paint line is made of premium-grade pigments, which allows the paint to resist fading, cracking, and drying out. These premium paints are applied using a special technique, which is why it comes out with a vivid, rich color that allows you to paint with accuracy and precision!
3. AEM – Best watercolor palette for beginners
- Watercolor paintings are the perfect activity for kids.
- Make your own masterpiece with this set of paints.
- Create one of a kind piece that will bring joy to you and the people around you.
AEM is the best watercolor paint set for kids. Let your kid be the master of the art by coloring with or without water! It’s safe, eco-friendly, and fun to paint with. Let your child learn about colors, time management, observation skills, and concentration using this set. This set is great for all occasions. Paintings are great for desktop or wall decoration, parties, holidays, or just casually!
With AEM’s Watercolor painting, you can still enjoy playing with watercolors and feel like an artist. Who doesn’t love being at the beach picking up the colored sand and turning it into a masterpiece, for starters? You can now do that yourself! All you need is water and a few natural ingredients to make a beautiful masterpiece. Bring a little springtime spring to any room you want with this creative addition.
4. Winsor & Newton Cotman – Best watercolor paints for professionals
- All of the paints are made from high-quality materials.
- It’s an excellent paint for the money.
- Paint is easy to use and wash.
- You’ll love it no matter which color you choose.
- All the paints come in a wide selection of colors so that you can find the perfect shade for your home.
Winsor & Newton Cotman is one of the world’s finest professional artists’ paint brands. Their products are made with the finest high-performance pigments and selected raw materials. Their paints are good for watercolor, gouache, oil painting, acrylic, tempera, and other media. They’re all the result of their expert craftsmanship and precise formula. It would be a shame to miss out on this opportunity!
They offer a wide variety of paints and other painting supplies and a good variety of art materials such as pencils, markers, and canvas.
5. ARTISTRO – Best professional watercolor paints
- The best quality watercolor set.
- High sensitivity, sharp color, strong brush.
- Easy to use and clean up.
- Environmentally safe, non-toxic paint sets for artists.
- Beautiful and vibrant colors.
- Take your art to the next level with this Watercolor Paint Set.
- Get everything you need in one package so you can focus on creating great artwork.
You don’t have to settle for a crappy imitation; ARTISTRO is one of the finest brands out there. Each of the paintings is crafted by a true artist who has been trained in the art of watercolor painting. This watercolor will give you a perfect solution that’s as aesthetically pleasing as it is useful.
6. Masllutn – Best watercolor pan sets
- A colorful way to express yourself.
- Paint your next masterpiece with ease.
- Set the stage for imaginative play.
- Try different color combinations to create your own masterpiece.
With a variety of shades in a variety of palettes, this watercolor set from Masllutn is perfect for artists. This set comes with 48 colors of paint, three paintbrushes, and a palette so that you can produce an array of artworks with ease.
Bust your budget with this affordable watercolor set. Masllutn brings the best quality of watercolor paints! In fact, the Masllutn watercolors are very appealing, not only to the eye but also to the hand. This is an excellent addition to their artistry curriculum for kids who can use it without any worries!
7. Neliblu – Best cheap watercolors
- This set of watercolor paint is fun to use.
- For kids of any age.
- All the paints are non-toxic.
- This is the best gift item for kids.
- The colors used in this set are of great quality.
Children tend to have a wild imagination. Young artists need a creative outlet, and often it’s difficult for them to keep up with the latest trends in coloring. Neliblu offers a wide range of watercolors with a focus on creative expression, from red color to green color, different watercolors to watercolor pencils, and much more!
However, Neliblu has become the choice of many over the years. Recently, more and more people are taking pride in their own artworks. So, Neliblu offers watercolors for all ages, no matter if children or adults are looking to hone their artistic skills. The range of paint sets from Neliblu is impressive, so you should check them all out!
8. Crayola – Best watercolor palette tray
- Special watercolors for artists.
- The perfect paint set for kids ages 4 & up.
- Fun projects to keep kids occupied during playtime.
- All safe, non-toxic, and nonsticky paint sets are kid-approved!
- Very easy to clean up with soap and water or a wet cloth/mop as recommended by the company.
No matter what type of craft or art you’re into, Crayola has a watercolor for you. In fact, they’re one of the largest paint companies in the world. Moreover, their paints are easy to use and play with.
Hence, for many, painting is more of a nightmare than a fun activity. If you are among those who are forced to use any other form of creativity other than coloring, then you need to come to Crayola for help! All of their watercolor paints are safe, non-toxic, and child-safe. Crayola’s washable paints are easy on the eye and on the budget too! If you’re ready to take your imagination to great heights, then this is the best option available out there.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best watercolors for beginners are the Winsor Newton Series 7, Series 8, and Series 9. These watercolors are perfect for beginners because they offer quality paint with a variety of colors that is easy to use.
However, if you want to start using watercolor paints at an advanced level, then the Sennelier Paris series of oil paints would be better. They come in different colors and provide opacity which is ideal for painting on wet paper or canvas.
To start with, you should first decide on the medium you want to use. This is because they are both very different and require different techniques and skills.
If you choose watercolor paints, then this would be an ideal starting point for beginners because it is a technique that requires no brushes or tools to make a mark on the paper. It is a great way to learn how to paint without the cost of buying expensive art supplies.
On the other hand, if you choose oil paints, then this would be an appropriate choice for people who have been painting for some time already and want to try something new. The oils can be used with various types of paintbrushes to create beautiful artwork that will look like paintings from famous artists such as Monet or Van Gogh’s work.
1. Get a piece of paper that is the same size as your painting.
2. Start with dark brown for your background and white paint for the sky, buildings, and snow.
3. Paint shadows on the buildings first, then paint them all together to create depth in your painting.
4. You can start by painting water droplets or using dots to create the look of snow.
5. Paint structures like bridges and roads on paper before painting them in real-life locations (such as Paris). For example, a bridge that looks too far off makes it difficult for viewers to imagine that they are actually looking at a painted structure, not something directly from nature.
The best way to learn watercolor painting is by doing it.
There are many resources on the internet that can help you get started. You can also look for workshops or classes in your area.
It would be best to start by finding a good source of paint, preferably one that uses natural ingredients like earth pigments and organic dyes. This will ensure that you get the healthiest paints possible and not harm the environment while you paint.
There are many watercolor brands in the market, but we would recommend Winsor & Newton. It is a well-known brand and has been around for over 200 years.
The best paper for watercolor painting is watercolor paper, but if you are in a pinch, use any kind of regular paper.
There are many different types of papers that you can use to create your masterpiece.
There are many options to choose from when it comes to watercolors. But, the most common types of watercolors are pan and tube.
The main difference between these two is that pan colors come in a metal tin while tube colors come in an aluminum canister.
To use a pan color, dip your brush into the paint and then dip it into a small amount of water before applying it to your canvas. To use a tube color, place the paint on your palette and pour a small amount of water onto the top so that you can mix with it. Then apply it with your brush as usual for best results.
There are many brands of watercolor paint, and choosing the best one is a difficult task.
However, we have researched and found out that:
Winsor & Newton has an excellent range of colors and paints that can be used for all types of projects, such as drawing, painting, printmaking, calligraphy, stenciling, watercolors, and more.
Pentel also offers a great range of colors and is perfect for use with markers or pencils.
Lastly, Faber-Castell offers quality products at affordable prices, making it the ideal choice for anyone who wants to get started in the art without breaking the bank.
Watercolors are an incredibly versatile medium that can be used to create a wide variety of artworks. As such, they’re perfect for beginners and professionals alike! If you’re interested in watercolor painting, we recommend checking out our list of the best watercolors for beginners and professionals.