Whenever you are purchasing a new miter saw, there are several decisions you need to make to get the right one. The miter saw sizes are always the first decision before determining whether it is a sliding or a non-sliding saw.
Afterwards, you will decide to choose a single bevel vs double bevel miter saw.
Our detailed guide will emphasize the critical differences between the single bevel miter saw and the double bevel miter saw. We will cover how they operate, function, their costs and affordability, and the best decisions when working with them or purchasing. Single bevel and double bevel miter saws vary in size and the type of angular cuts they make. Read on for an extensive comparison.
Single Bevel Vs Double Bevel Miter Saw – Ultimate Key Comparisons.
A single bevel saw is suitable when making a variety of different angular cuts. It only adjusts its position in one direction, i.e., to the right or the left. It is easier to carry since it is lightweight. For this reason, it is mobile, hence easily portable from or to the working sites or used around the home.
In a dual-bevel miter saw, the blade angles can adjust to both the right and the left. That implies that it can make cuts in any given direction. However, both the dual and single miter saws can make both bevel and miter cuts. Both saws use circular blades for cutting.
Four Key Differences Between single bevel vs dual bevel miter saw
- Single bevel miter can make cuts on woods at an angle, whereas the double bevel miter saw can cut both the board sides without necessarily moving the peace of board around. Single bevel miter saws are portable, making them quickly move around from one place to another, whereas the double miter saw is heavy, thus not easily transportable.
- Single miter saws have a saw head, which only makes a rotation in one direction, i.e., to the right or the left. Conversely, the double bevel miter saw possesses a miter saw that makes rotations in both directions to the right or the left.
- Single miter bevel saws can make rotations in two planes but still maintaining the edge pane. Thus, it cannot repeat the cuts on the edge plane because it only operates in one direction. Hence, you have to flip the workpiece you are using to obtain the same cut on both sides. On the other hand, the dual miter saw works like a single bevel; thus, it can only make cuts in both the right and left directions.
- A single bevel miter saw is simple in structure and easy to use, whereas the dual bevel miter saw is a more complex tool mostly used by professionals.
What “Bevel” Stands for or Means
Any construction instrument made up of two arms or rules joined together to operate at any angle is known as a bevel. Bevel, in other words, could mean the inclination that a line in the surface makes with the other when they are not in the right angles; thus, the surfaces do not make a right angle with the adjacent surfaces.
When a miter saw cuts, that implies that the cut moves at an angle through the board’s thickness. Bevel instruments’ functions are to duplicate the angles that exist, to the desired set, in conjunction with other tools or instruments. There exist four different ways of how the miter saws make cuts.
These include bevel cut, crosscut, miter cut, and compound cut. One should know how each of the cuts work and the angles at which they operate. Bevel miter saws work following the same principles.
What A Single Bevel Miter Saw?
A single bevel miter saw adjusts its positioning to one direction. Single bevel miter saws thus allow a user to make a one-direction bevel cut. Depending on the user’s project, they may need to make bevel cuts on both sides of the workpiece.
Since single bevel miter saws make cuts in a specific one direction. The users may need to turn their workpieces around to make an additional bevel cut on the other side. The saw can also make the same cuts dual bevel saws do by making little adjustments and modifications.
Single bevel miter saw features a pivoting function that makes it possible to create angled cuts in one direction. Additionally, it can make both bevel and miter cuts. Since the bevel makes cuts in one direction, the name single bevel miter saw thus originates from there. The single bevel miter saw is just sufficient when the user has many tasks to complete. It is a suitable tool when performing armature woodwork projects or just any other home improvements.
Pros of A Single Bevel Miter Saw
- It is quite affordable. For many woodworkers, the cost is always a major factor whenever purchasing the miter saws. For its relativity, it is excellent for the choices that the woodworkers make.
- Good for home improvement. Anyone, be it a professional contractor working on a renovation project at home, the single bevel miters saws are always in handy and reliable since you can use them to make a variety of cuts.
- Easy to use. It is relatively easy to use since the blade tilts in one direction and light in weight.
Cons of A Single Bevel Miter Saw
- Requires a user to turn the workpiece. Most significantly, changing the workpiece’s flip when making cuts on the workpiece is the main demerit of this saw. This implies that the user has to be keen to achieve the correct angles.
- Cuts are relatively slower. Single bevel miter saws have a spinning blade, but using it when making cuts consumes a lot of time because you keep rearranging and flipping the materials to make matching cuts on the opposite sides.
- They are not ideal for long pieces. If the user has a less spacious workshop, the workshop will not provide a sufficient roof for changing or flipping the material.
Top single Bevel Miter Saw 2021
Miter saws are tools that are necessary for any workshop. There are varieties of top single bevel miter saws of choice for any user in the market. An example is the “DE Walt DW715. It is durable and provides more power. The saw contains eleven positive stops, which improves its productivity, hence ensuring accurate cuttings.
1. Dewalt dw715 review 2021
This miter saw will give you accurate crosscuts. It does not have many health hazards since its cover enhances slow movements, hence maintaining user safety. It makes massive cuts since it has a powerful motor to drive its 12-inch blade. The user can choose different types of blades, depending on the material it is operating.
The compound of this miter saw has a motor of rating 15 amp, capable of providing a 400-rpm without any load. Changing the type of the blade, it cuts almost any type of material with ease. It is highly portable and can cut relatively larger pieces and work for any person who needs it. This tool is stable since a user does not need to mount any object to cut small pieces.
- It has the capability of cutting thick materials smoothly.
- A big and high fence is essential for precision cutting pieces of wood, which may be large.
- It can precisely cut through, in a single press, large stocks.
- A significant problem with the saw is the port used to collect dust. Its quality is less efficient as compared to other saws.
2. Ryobi Tss1021 Review 2021
The saw can easily handle both four by 4 and 2 by 6-inch crosscuts at 90 degrees with ease. You will get a powerful motor rated 15 amp, which provides enough horsepower to cut through in most common materials such as soft plastics and wood.
This miter saw also contains an electrical brake that can start and stop quickly whenever needed. It enhances safety, thus allowing the users to have a good sawing experience.
Making cuts with this miter saw is easier because it has a laser guide. You can use this tool to cut thin wall extrusions when dealing with more extensive materials.
- It has a convenient electrical brake
- Makes cross cuts and bevels with ease
- It has laser lights guiding the system.
- A laser system, which guides individuals to make straight and accurate cuts.
- It comes with a dust bag, which is useful to catch any debris, which may fall from the materials.
- It is challenging to keep the saw operate on a 90 degree while fixed,
- Complaints of a poor design.
3. Kobalt sliding miter saw reviews 2021
Kobalt miter saws, too, uses lasers to guide the users on the lines of cut. These lasers are easily obstructed and misaligned. In addition to that, the lasers do not require batteries, hence saving on the cumbersome processes of replacing batteries.
Kobalt miter saws are very precise for both bevel and miter cuts. The saw cuts the blade immediately to the laser guide; thus, you will know where to place their stock. Its laser is more accurate even when the user is sliding the blade in the opposite direction.
It contains small whistles and bells that help a user’s work to flow. Hold-down clamps lock the user’s materials quickly in place and have four different locations. These extensions provide additional support.
- The tool is lightweight hence easy to transport.
- Die-cast aluminum construction make the was durable.
- It has an adjustable laser guide for precise cutting.
- It is very precise when making both bevel and miter cuts.
- You will get a manual for more effortless operation.
- Its dust collector does not work well, thus needs to be improved.
- The fence bends easily when operating it when not properly handled well by the user.
What is a Double Bevel Miter saw.
For a miter saw to qualify to be double bevel, it means that its blade angles can adjust to both the left and right directions. The head of the saw can rotate on a pivot towards both the left and right directions, making it easier to make similar bevel cuts in a user’s workpiece without necessarily turning their materials around. They thus allow a user to make uniform and precise uniform cuts on either side of the user’s workpiece. They, too, make jobs quicker and easier, thus enhancing faster repeating cuts even when working on a longer workpiece.
Best uses of a Double Bevel Miter saw
The most popular use of a double bevel miters saw is making handcrafted and custom items. These items include both crown molding and trim. Using the double bevel miter saw when operating on these projects saves the users a lot of energy and time. Other uses include:
- It makes high-quality cuts.
- Mostly used by professional contractors working on more complicated jobs.
- Used when making flip boards on both sides of the working surface.
- Best suitable for users who deal with a large variety of many different project types.
- Useful when a user desires to make a more precise cut on a working surface
Pros of A Double Bevel Miter Saw
- Take more on works. dual bevel miter saws enable users to do more projects because it allows them to cut through both directions more efficiently.
- Helps the users meet deadlines. An ability to make bevel cuts in both directions without necessarily rotating around a user’s workpiece enables them to perform their duties faster, hence getting done on time when it is on a tight deadline.
- They are making precise cuts. Without rotating the workpieces, the users save a lot of time when working on a project.
Cons of A Double Bevel Miter Saw
They are more expensive. dual bevel miter saws usually cost more than other saws. For instance, they are typically a hundred dollars more than the single bevel miter saws when purchasing from the same brand. A person performing a simple domestic renovation may not rely on this.
More complicated to use. In most cases, professionals use them. They have more capabilities that are extensive. This makes them more complicated and less suitable for beginners. Projects that rely on these types of saws, including the crown moldings, are not beginner projects.
Top Two Best Double Bevel Miter Saws
Miter saws are one of the largely cordless machines that have remained popular. Choosing a better miter saw means that a user must consider looking at its quality, power, accuracy, and performance.
1. DeWalt DWS780 Review 2021
Sliding miter saws are good because of their handful of benefits when comparing them to their stationary counterparts. This double bevel saw comes with a shadow blade system for casting accurate cuts, thus facilitating the blade to lock for bevel cuts. Its cuts are smooth and made to a standard precise.
Transporting this tool to your jobsite is easy since it includes a handle design to make portability a bliss. This 15-amp power miter saw gives an operating speed of up to 3800 rpm without compromising the durability and power.
It contains a stainless steel plate that is also adjustable, allowing for ten positive stops, thus improving accuracy and productivity. The tool also features a dust collection system to maintain a clean workplace. Additionally, its belt drive and the gearbox design enable you to achieve vertical cutting.
- The tool provides accuracy when cutting.
- Great handle design for easy transportation.
- Efficient dust collection system that collects up to75% dust.
- It is suitable for everyone, starting from the contractors to domestic use in homes.
- Ideal for heavy-duty projects that single bevels cannot manage.
- There are changes in the design and specs.
- It would be best if you had another blade to achieve smooth cuts.
- The description provided is misleading.
2. Bosch cm10gd review 2021
Get accurate cuts with this Bosch miter saw. This tool is compact; hence it takes less space. Therefore, you can use this saw in tight places where other tools cannot. You will also love working with the tool because it is comfortable. It features an ergonomic handle with a soft grip to give you maximum comfort all day.
It is the most praised gliding miter saws when it comes to making precise and clean cuts that are smooth. It has a horizontal 12-inch cut capacity, making up to five and a half inches of the material vertically up and against the fence. The fence has proper designs, thus has a two-piece fence.
This model hosts a special axial glide system feature that traditionally replaces the “rail systems” used on most miter saws. Another feature is that it caters to the right and left-handed folks, with its well working handle that features the double triggers. Knobs and rulers are to ensure that the cuts are perfectly square to achieve accuracy.
- Ergonomic and comfortable to use.
- It makes mighty and smooth cuts.
- Dust collection system makes cleanup easier.
- Lower guard ensures you get unobstructed visibility.
- The tool is powerful and space-saving.
- It is light in weight and accurate without sacrificing its durability.
- This miter saw lacks a laser, soft start motors, and extensions, resulting in less satisfactory cuts.
- The tool doesn’t provide a smooth start.
Which One Is Best Miter Saw – Double Bevel Vs Single Bevel?
Double bevel miter saws qualify to be the best, according to the analysis. dual bevel miter saws are more precise than single miter bevel saws. They enable a user to achieve smooth and finished cuts as they do not have to make duplicate matching cuts by correctly lining up and rotating up the material. The tilting nature of the head’s design enables the user to adjust the position of the material.
They also make cuts faster, as the users always do not need to tilt the saw in the other direction of the workpiece to manage a cut.
Seven Reasons for Choosing Single Bevel Miter Saws.
- They are relatively cheap. Single bevel miter saws cost less as compared to the dual bevel saws coming from the same brand.
- Their simplicity. Single miter bevels are easier to use, and they are straightforward. When a user plans to make most of their cuts at 90 degrees, this is the most suitable tool.
- Versatility. Both beginners and professionals efficiently to accomplish their projects can use them.
- They are less complicated, making them easier to master for beginners.
- The miter saws are lighter and easier to transport.
- They are better suitable when performing home projects.
- You can quickly move a single bevel miter saw.
Seven Reasons for Choosing Double Bevel Miter Saws.
- Ideal for handcrafted and custom items, which include both crown molding and trim. Using the double bevel miter saw, for this reason, saves a lot of energy and time for the user.
- It makes work easier, as the user does not have to turn the work areas, as the saw allows them to do the job easier on the opposite.
- The tool is suitable for an experienced and dedicated craftsman.
- They have extended power and durability since they have high proficient operating motors.
- Dust coming because of operation is stored inefficient system of dust collection.
- They contain steel detent plates that are adjustable, thus enhancing accuracy and improving overall productivity.
- The tool can bevel in either direction.
What Is Sliding Compound Miter Saw?
These saws can move the head of the saw forth and back, on a sliding rail, to increase the capacity of the size of the board cut. They are designed to cut doorframes, picture frames, and crown moldings quickly. They contain a 10-inch miter saw blade that is often interchangeable.
They, too, can create compound cuts, bevel cuts, and miter cuts. These kinds of miter saws make two different types of cuts, hence the name compound. Compound sliding miter saws contain guide rails that allow the head of the saw to move in both backward and forward directions, making it easier to construct longer cuts.
Advantages of Compound Sliding Miter Saws
- Their ability to make cuts on wider workpieces. Normal miter saws cut materials that are approximately six to eight inches thick with relative ease. However, the sliding miter saws cut wider surfaces and still make accurate and good cuts.
- It saves time. Sliding compound miter saws can make different types of cuts. This is because their rails allow it to develop wider cuts, allowing the user to go through woodcutting projects faster than normal.
- They apply to the professionals, but anyone who has a basic skill in DIYer can operate it, and use it well, thus enhancing saving a lot of time.
Disadvantages of Compound Sliding Miter Saws
- Price. These compound sliding miter saws are expensive for beginners because of the extra features they offer.
- Space. The sliding arm must move in both a backward and forward direction; thus, the user needs to do more clearance behind the sliding miter saws. The users should take a lot of care when sliding it through the surface as it may end up with dents behind their saw on the drywall behind.
- Portability. Even though they slightly move when sliding over surfaces, they do not easily move around from one place to another, especially when performing little tasks.
Best Sliding Compound Miter Saw Reviews 2021
Sliding miter saws are necessary for any workshop. To set on the most appropriate saw a user should purchase, they need to look for a product that will enhance smooth crosscuts and accurate cuts.
Bosch GCM12sd Miter Saw Review 2021
This is a sliding miter saw with a 12-inch carbide blade, and it contains a patented glide system. It allows for wider crosscuts, enhancing better alignment, even when still compact. You can save the working space, besides offering a smooth cut.
It provides easy adjustments with its uniform bevels and stainless scales of the miter and provides more room for dust collection,
It has a square lock that quickly releases lock fences at an angle of 90 degrees on the table. The upfront bevel controls all bevel lock level, and the range selector, which is located in the upfront, ensures easy and quick bevel settings without necessarily reaching the saws’ behind.
- The efficient dust collection system.
- Durable carbide blade design.
- Laser cutting guide for accuracy.
- Fence design to handle dimension lumbar.
- The tool feels cheaply made.
- Its blade warps.
Buying Guide: Single vs Dual Bevel Miter Saw.
Looking for the best features is always the desire of the user when purchasing the miter saws. This is to ensure the users make their works easier with great versatility. Blade size is a crucial aspect when picking a miter saw.
Larger diameter blades make longer blades. Electric blades too reverse the electricity flow in the motor if you release the trigger. Dust chutes must also be present, or the shaft locks to enable easiness when changing the blades.
The “BOSCH GCM12SD Axial Glide Miter Saw” could be the most effective dual bevel miter saw. The tool provides the smoothest cutting that any professional could have experienced.
When choosing the best single bevel miter saw, then the “Dawalt dw715 miter saw review” is suitable. This miter saw will give users accurate crosscuts. It does not have many health hazards since its cover enhances slow movements, hence maintaining user safety.
It makes massive cuts since it has a powerful motor to drive its 12-inch blade. The user can choose different types of blades, depending on the material it is operating.
Frequently Asked Questions
The DEWALT DWS779 12 inch sliding Compound Miter saw makes the most comfortable contractor’s jobs easier due to its ultra-sharp blade and its powerful motor.
The main difference is that the 10-inch spins faster because it has a clear-cut option. On the other hand, a 12-inch miter saw has a slow speed since it has a heavier blade.
A double bevel miter saw is better when performing projects that require more complex details. Professionals will find them suitable.
Sliding miter saws are perfect when working on longer pieces of wood. Thicker pieces of wood also require the sliding miter saws.
Even though it is not suitable for many users carrying out domestic operations, professionals and contractors make fair use of them because of the added features.
Dual bevel miter saws enhance more precise cuts since a user does not have to reposition the board when operating.
Typical single bevel miter saws can mold and trim materials, especially when required at 90 degrees.
Single bevel implies that the cutting or the operation takes place in one direction, whereas the double bevel operates in both directions.
The 10-inch miter saw has a higher speed, and less cost than the 12-inch miter saw.
When purchasing a new miter saw, there are many decisions you have to make based on the quality of their projects. If you were confused, picking a single bevel vs double bevel miter saw, I hope you have the right guide. We have given a comprehensive comparison of the two types of miter saws to help you choose wisely.
Homeowners, or DIYers, who are working on specific small projects, should not waste additional money to buy double bevel miter saws. Professionals and contractors have more than basic needs for a single bevel miter saw; hence going for a double bevel miter saw will be the best option. If you understand your needs, then they will be happy with the purchase they will make.